- May 28, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Consultancy
When it comes to the diverse economy, name of Australia cannot be kept aside. Australian business environment is a low risk and stable economy. It has the support of best legal and financial systems. Australia has many business opportunities and there is an abundance of new potential emerging chances for investment. If you are interested in a business startup in Australia or want to invest in Australia, this is the right time. Before you proceed, you need to know whether you are eligible or not. Read this article and you will get to know about it in detail.
Just like other visa types for study and tourism, there are different immigration categories for business visas. All these visas have individual entry requirements of their own. Generally, a granted visa is a temporary visa for 4 years. This could lead to an ability to lodge an application for permanent residency. Visa holders must produce evidence regarding their satisfactory businesses & investments during their temporary visa duration. Nevertheless, if you are a high caliber businessperson, you can directly apply for a permanent visa that is sponsored by some state or territory of the Australian government. These visas are shortly known as business talent visas.
You can also see our services
Business Immigration Streams For Australian Visas
Mainly, there are 3 streams:
- Business innovation
- Investor stream
- Significant investors` stream
This stream is for individuals with business skills who are desirous of establishing, developing and managing new or already existing Australian business.
Under this visa stream, eligible candidates are those who can make investments not less than 1.5m AUD. Individuals need to invest in an Australian territory or state. During the stay in Australia, individuals must maintain satisfactory business or investment activity within Australia.
Significant Investors Stream
As its name indicates, it is for significant investors who have significant amounts to invest in Australia. For this visa minimum required investment in AUD amounts to $5 million. Not only investment to make is necessary but individuals are also required to maintain this investment while they are in Australia.
These three business visa types have separate yet few similar eligibility criteria. We will discuss business innovation here:
To qualify for business innovation following requirements are must to comply:
- Applicants must not be over 55 years. Exception can be granted by the territory or state if your proposal is highly significant economically
- You must score at least 65 points (this is on the immigration points table)
- Individuals must have established business for not less than 2 years before making application. For those years, turnover for business must not be less than AUD 500,000
- Must own any one of the below percentages of their nominated business:
- If annual turnover is less than AUD 400,000 then 51%
- If annual turnover is more than AUD 400,000 then 30%
- In case of business interest in public listed entity, this percentage is just 10%
- Your business career must be successful throughout
- Strong will for business in Australia as per business laws in Australia
If you fulfill these requirements, you can confidently apply for getting visa under business innovation stream. For further details and complete guidance, contact us.
Read Article about Australian Immigration Requirements